With a maximum seating capacity of 504 (478 for film), Aspen’s premier venue provides an excellent facility for performances, film screenings, presentations and more! Our fully-equipped theatre is complemented by a professional staff able to adapt eagerly and imaginatively to the expectations of every user. The recently renovated Wheeler Bar Lobby has an event capacity of 105 and is the newest portion of the Wheeler Opera House available for rent.
From mid-June to mid-August, the Wheeler Opera House is home to the resident opera company of the Aspen Music Festival and School. During this time the full venue is not available for rent however, the lobby space is available on non-performance or dress rehearsal nights.
- Affordable community rental fees are made possible by the Wheeler Real Estate Transfer Tax.
- Performances are expected to be concluded not later than 11:00 p.m., unless otherwise arranged at the time of booking with Wheeler management. Because of our very busy calendar, we ask that all rentals consider being completely loaded out not later than midnight after the conclusion of their event(s).
- No more than three events may take place during one day of rental.
- All tickets must be sold via the Wheeler Box Office (Aspen Show Tickets office).
- Overtime rate of 1.5x the listed hourly rates will apply for all personnel working in excess of ten hours during any 24-hour period, or for a call during “graveyard shift” hours (midnight – 8:00 a.m.)
- Requests for rentals must take place within 60 days of the event in order for proper planning and execution of your event. Later requests may be submitted, but based on the confirmed venue schedule, they may not be honored due to staffing and event execution concerns.
- Seating Configurations – Live Events: 460 – 504 seated; Film and Speakers: 478
To inquire about a rental of the Wheeler Opera House, please fill out the following details: